Are you looking to offer your services as a volunteer? Would you like to participate in and contribute to a social project? Discover a country and its people? This might be the right place for you!
Qosqo Maki offers a unique voluntary experience: direct contact with children and youth who are either working or living in the streets. We are the only institution in Cusco which cares for them, offers them accommodation and a possibility to spend the night in dignified conditions.
Some of the attributes we are looking for in a volunteer:
Adaptability, dedication, conscientiousness, flexibility, proactivity and independence. We have a minimum age requirement of 22 years, because a certain level of maturity is essential for the personal capacity of a volunteer to adapt to the requirements.
A few tips before applying to join our team:
- Scrutinize your desire to take part in our educational dynamic and your own dedication to our cause.
- A volunteer is an integral part of the Qosqo Maki team, with the same responsibilities and requirements as any other team member. It is important to take this into account before considering to volunteer at Qosqo Maki.
- Evaluate your level of Spanish: could it pose an obstacle for your voluntary service in Cusco?
- Minimum of 3 months for an educator/animator at the library;
- Minimum of 6 months for an educator at the dorm;
- Minimum of 3 months for a shop assistant at the bakery;
- Minimum of 6 months for an administrator and/or coordinator.
- Other tasks and projects are possible according to the available resources and competences of the volunteer.
You are welcome to send us your application at any time to: firstname.lastname@example.org